On June 20th, 2017, Cisco Umbrella will release Umbrella Insights Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.0.2 to customers on our stage release track.
Provided there are no issues seen with this initial release, all remaining customers will see their VAs upgraded directly to 2.0.2 over the course of the next couple of weeks. The final wave of customers will receive upgrades by July 6th, 2017.
UPDATE: As of June 28th, 2017 version 2.0.2 of the Virtual Appliance has been halted. No further releases of this version will take place, instead customers will receive an upgrade to 2.0.3. Release notes for that version will be available shortly.
Currently, there are two current versions of the VA in production. Customers are either on VA version 2.0.0 or VA version 1.5.6. As a result, these release notes cover changes from both versions to 2.0.2.
As a reminder, two VAs must be configured in order to upgrade automatically during these windows.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.0.0 to 2.0.2)
- This version includes the ntp (Network Time Protocol) package
- Fix implemented for a process consuming too much available memory and preventing install of new packages
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.5.6 to 2.0.0)
- VA upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04
- The opendnsforwarder process upgraded to 2.3
- The opendns-start-menu tests should have a timeout on their read()s
- OpenDNS text updated to now say Umbrella
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES: https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003805707