On June 30th, 2017, Cisco Umbrella will release Umbrella Insights Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.0.3 to customers on our stage release track.
Provided there are no issues seen with this initial release, all remaining customers will see their VAs upgraded directly to 2.0.3 over the course of the next couple of weeks. The final wave of customers will receive upgrades by July 18th, 2017.
NOTE: This wave of production release has taken place and customers should all be receiving 2.0.3 on our production tracks.
Currently, there are three current versions of the VA in production on different release tracks. Customers are either on VA version 2.0.2 or VA version 2.0.0 or VA version 1.5.6 and will upgrade from their current version to 2.0.3 directly. As a result, these release notes cover changes, inclusive, from these versions to 2.0.3.
In accordance with Cisco policy, a list of open source software modules used in the VA is attached to these release notes. It contains licenses and notices for open source software used in this product.
As a reminder, two VAs must be configured in order to upgrade automatically during these windows.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.0.2 to 2.0.3)
- Reduce the sync frequency with the Umbrella API to 10 minutes in order to improve processing speed and reliability.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.0.0 to 2.0.2)
- This version includes the ntp (Network Time Protocol) package
- Fix implemented for a process consuming too much available memory and preventing install of new packages
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.5.6 to 2.0.0)
- VA upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04
- The opendnsforwarder process upgraded to 2.3
- The opendns-start-menu tests should have a timeout on their read()s
- OpenDNS text updated to now say Umbrella