This article is written for users who have deployed Virtual Appliances but they are not registered on the Dashboard. No errors are apparent on the Virtual Appliance Console.
- Virtual Appliance is not showing up in Sites & Active Directory.
- The Virtual Appliance Console is not reporting errors and is showing the status is ok.
- Devices on your network pointed to the Virtual Appliance are able to resolve DNS queries but your AD policy or Internal Networks policy is not being applied as expected.
This error is most commonly the result of an Umbrella Administrator in your organization deleting the Virtual Appliances from the Dashboard which results in them running without registration to an organization. This may also be caused by cloning a Virtual Appliance. Registration for the Virtual Appliance is completed on initial deployment. Virtual Appliances that are cloned or left running in an organization will not re-register themselves.
In order to resolve this issue, you will be required to re-deploy your Virtual Appliances.
- Power off the Virtual Appliances on your VM Host machine.
- Delete the Virtual Appliances from the VM Host machine.
- Re-download the Virtual Appliance components from the Umbrella Dashboard.
- Re-deploy your Virtual Appliances.