On Thursday, April 27th, 2017 Cisco Umbrella released the Umbrella roaming client for Windows version 2.0.341 for all customers on the stage track. Customers on the stage release track were previously on 2.0.338.
On Thursday, June 15th, 2017 Cisco Umbrella will release the Umbrella roaming client for Windows version 2.0.341 for all customers on the first wave of the production track. Customers on the first production release track were previously on 2.0.338.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.0.338 to 2.0.341)
- Improved parsing of DNS registry entries parsing to support formatting used by some VPNs, such as pFsense and F5.
- Added support for VPNs that do not have a presence in Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) but are strictly registry-based, such as pFsense and F5.
- Added support for the Aventail (Dell) VPN client.
- Added support for using the NIC binding order as returned by the OS and ignore the binding order listed in the registry.
- Added support for migration of roaming clients between organizations without re-installation.
- Improved handling for repeated launch failures of the dnscrypt-proxy process, suspending further launch attempts for five minutes. The five minute timer is reset by a network change.
- Corrected a problem in Windows 10 where the Umbrella IP layer enforcement's VPN tunnel would time out after 60 seconds if no tunnel traffic was detected. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition introduced a behaviour change in RAS connections where the VPN tunnel's idle-timeout value is ignored and always set to 60 seconds. Microsoft has since addressed this VPN issue in Windows 10.
- Added ability to use alternative Umbrella DNS resolvers if the preferred 184.108.40.206 is unreachable. Now supports following DNS resolvers: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199 (note, the latter two resolvers do not support DNS encryption).
- The dnscrypt-proxy process will now terminate while the Umbrella roaming client is on a trusted customer network, preventing certificate exchanges with Umbrella DNS resolvers.
- Updated copyright dates.
- Some minor error logging improvements.
- As of roaming client version 2.0.341, Active Directory user reporting and policy support with the Umbrella roaming client currently does not function on Windows 10 Version 1703 (build 15063, also known as the Creators Update). This is due to a behavioral change in Windows 10. Users on Windows 10 build 15063 or newer on will not see their AD user applied correctly.