Cisco is proud to release Cisco Secure Client (formerly AnyConnect) version 5.0.02075
Umbrella will not publish auto updates for Cisco Secure Client to the Umbrella dashboard. The 4.10 (AnyConnect) branded releases will continue to be published. At the end of life release of 4.10, Umbrella auto update will release a one time update to the current Cisco Secure Client.
Updates for Windows are available in Cisco Secure Client, using Insights -> Cisco Secure Client on the SecureX portal. These updates are silently applied and version selection is available - with granular selection by profile! See Umbrella's Help.
There are two ways to access the Cisco Secure Client:
- The Cisco software portal
- Deploy with full packages for head end and pre-deploy methods
- Optional Cloud Connector (Connector is required for all cloud features)
- Deploys the same way as "AnyConnect" branded releases
- SecureX Device Insights (Windows Only)
- Cloud features enabled by default
- Cloud management of profiles
- Easy cloud updates
- Windows: Added support for ARM64
- Windows: Reduced DNS probes to local resolvers when Virtual Appliance Detection and Protected Network Detection are both disabled
- Windows: Reduced frequency of DNS probes to local resolvers when there are no network state changes
- Added consistent support for DNS response compression, reducing the amount of queries that are retried on TCP. This sometimes caused SWG bypass issues with certain domains (especially Sharepoint) on the External Domains list. (CSCvv75596)
- Windows: Fixed an issue where Umbrella agent would crash when there was a high rate of socket errors (CSCwe07816)
- Windows: Fixed an issue with user-based policy when the username contained Turkish or Romanian alphabet characters
- macOS: Fixed DNS resolution issue on macOS 13+ when DDR-enabled local DNS resolvers were present (CSCwe43455)
- Captive portal (hotspot) detection for SWG failing on some networks, especially those with high latency (resolved in v4.10.07 and will be resolved in v5.0.03)
- Windows: Instability of DNSCryptProxy v2 observed in some conditions, especially with DNS over TCP
- macOS: Periodic slowness in web browsing observed with SWG (resolved in v4.10.07 and will be resolved in v5.0.03)
These release notes are for the Umbrella Module only. Refer to the Secure Client release notes for a list of changes affecting other modules.