We’ve recently released a collection of new enhancements to DLP:
- Added support for both Thresholds and Proximity Terms to custom data dictionaries.
- Added new GDPR-related built-in data identifiers, expanding coverage to all European member states but one.
- Increased Regex expressions character limit from 150 to 1,000 characters.
- Increased SaaS API DLP file scanning limit from 5MB to 50MB.
Custom Dictionary - Threshold
What is a Threshold?
A Threshold indicates the minimum number of occurrences of a term or pattern that must appear within a document to qualify as a match.
Why Use a Threshold?
A threshold is utilized to focus on significant DLP violation events and to also indicate their severity levels. For instance, customizing the threshold to a value of 15 to designate low severity, 50 to designate medium severity, and 100 for critical severity. This provides customers with a means to address DLP violations based on their respective level of importance.
Custom dictionary – Proximity Terms
What are Proximity Terms?
Proximity terms are terms that must appear within 20 terms of another term or pattern to qualify as a match to trigger DLP violation event.
Why use Proximity Terms?
Proximity is utilized to reduce the false-positive rate, particularly when a broad regex pattern is defined.
Where can I find more information about creating a custom dictionary, Threshold, and Proximity?
For detailed instructions on creating a custom dictionary with customized Threshold and Proximity values, refer to this documentation: Create a Custom Dictionary.
Built-in Data Identifiers Expansion
Through recent expansions of the built-in data identifiers library, we’ve broadened GDPR coverage to encompass all EU member states except Bulgaria.
How many new Built-In Data Identifiers are available with this latest release?
We now have 537 built-in identifiers in total, and the GDPR built-in classification now has 441 built-in identifiers.
Which Built-in Data Identifiers were added?
The newly added built-in data identifiers are height, weight, region, religion, race, gender, ethnicity, postcode, IBAN, passport number, driver’s license, criminal record, and VAT number.
The full list of built-in identifiers can be found here.
Umbrella DLP Limits Update
In order to enhance the usability and extend the coverage of DLP, we have made the following limit adjustments:
- Custom regex limit has been expanded to 1,000 characters, previously restricted to 150 characters per custom regex.
- SaaS API DLP now scans files of up to 50 MB. For each file, the DLP extracts the initial 5 MB of plain text and scans that data for potential DLP violations.