We are happy to announce the General Availability (GA) of Application Attributes in App Discovery Report, an exciting update to App Discovery Reports’ risk assessment capabilities.
Application Attributes significantly broaden the contextual information delivered by Umbrella for every identified app, empowering Umbrella customers to make well-informed policy decisions that align with their needs.
With these new application attributes, Umbrella admins can build additional context on newly discovered applications in their environment much quicker than they used to, significantly reducing the time to decide and block risky applications.
Using up to thirty-eight application attributes across six categories, Umbrella administrators possess an extensive array of supplementary insights pertaining to applications, complementing the existing risk classification. These insights encompass:
- Compliance - Existence of certifications like PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPPA, and FEDRAMP for both vendor and the application.
- Vulnerabilities – Known TLS/SSL vulnerabilities linked with the Application like PODDLE and BEAST.
- Access Control - Supported Access control mechanisms like SSO and MFA.
- Data Security – Data in-transit specifications like TLS version support, weak ciphers and much more.
- Auditability – auditing availability.
- Email Authenticity – Measures to control email authenticity.
How to determine whether the attributes information is up to date?
Each application attribute has both creation and update dates to help admins determine whether relevant in their decision making.
How to access this feature?
You can access the application attributes by navigating to Reporting > Core Reports > App Discovery > [Application] > Attributes