In this article we will review in detail what will happen after your trial expires.
At the end of the trial period, if you have not purchased the software, your free trial is automatically downgraded to a DNS Monitoring account. DNS Monitoring is the most basic Cisco Umbrella offering and has far fewer features than our enterprise Umbrella offering.
- Your statistics in the reports continue to be logged as before (including security categorizations).
- Access to the App Discovery and Destinations reports are removed.
- Policy enforcement is removed (includes roaming client):
- Category settings are no longer applied.
- Security settings are no longer applied. All security events will be allowed.
- All policy settings are hidden and deactivated. These are restored after subscribing to an Umbrella package.
- Only Networks and Network Devices can be managed from the dashboard—all other identities are hidden.
- No Block pages are displayed—DNS Monitoring accounts do not block any traffic.
Expiry of Secure Internet Gateway (SIG) Essentials Free Trial
If you are a prospect customer, when your SIG Essentials Free Trial expires, your security settings will be removed as per the above. You will still have access to a basic dashboard that will allow you to view your DNS traffic, but none of your policies will apply.
If you are an existing Umbrella customer, once the trial ends you will be reverted back to your previous pre-trial settings.