Cisco Umbrella SAML Integration for OneLogin – Overview
This article is specific to configuring Cisco Umbrella to integrate with OneLogin for Single Sign-on (SSO) with SAML. In order to enable SAML for Cisco Umbrella, you must first add the Umbrella app to your OneLogin dashboard then follow a step-by-step wizard to complete the process in Umbrella. For more information on how SAML integration works with Umbrella, read our overview here.
- In Umbrella, navigate to Settings > Authentication.
- Click SAML in the table to expand it.
- Select OneLogin from the list of providers and click Next.
- From the Instructions tab, follow instructions as listed. You'll be asked to provide the provider metadata.
- To configure OneLogin for Umbrella to gather the metadata, log in to your OneLogin dashboard as the user you want to configure for Umbrella and go to the Admin tab. Its very important that you log into both dashboards (Umbrella and OneLogin) with the same user (email), or these steps will likely fail.
- In your OneLogin dashboard, click Apps, then Find Apps:
- Search for "OpenDNS" and add the application named OpenDNS with SAML 2.0 next to it. Save the app and keep the defaults for General Settings.
- Under Users, assign all users that will need to log into your Umbrella dashboard. All accounts that need to access the dashboard now or in the future should be selected here and have the application assigned to them or they will not be able to log in.
- Save the configuration.
- From the More Actions drop-down list, choose SAML Metadata and download and save the .xml file:
- Return to Umbrella and navigate to Settings > Authentication and proceed to step 3: Upload Metadata.
- Click Choose File and select the metadata file you downloaded from OneLogin and click Next.
- Click Test Your SAML Configuration.