GetConnector.bat – What is it?
GetConnector.bat is a batch script that collects information useful to Umbrella Support for troubleshooting purposes. It should only be run directly on a system with the Umbrella AD Connector service already installed.
The script is attached to the bottom of this article. The information gathered can be used for troubleshooting either by yourself or by Umbrella Support.
The following information is collected:
- Date and Time
- Systeminfo output
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /showdns
- A list of running services
- Netstat output
- Tracert result to to api.opendns.com
- A DNS lookup to get our debug EDNS response
- A gpresult (resultant group policies)
- Existing connector AD Sync folder contents (to show what it is running with)
- Fresh AD user and group membership info (for comparison to the running configuration)
- All Connector logs
- All Connector config files
- OpenDNS_Connector group membership information
How do I run the script?
It's easy. Download the text file attached and rename the extension from '.txt' to '.bat'.
Then just drag it into a command prompt window that was started by an Admin user. Be careful of double extensions, and don't accidentally name it .txt.bat!
The script will collect some initial info and then prompt for the IP of an AD server in order to query AD. You'll just need to follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: If you do not want the password for the OpenDNS_Connector user to be displayed on screen, enter * . You will then be prompted 4 times for the password however it will be masked on screen.
The script will take a couple of minutes to run. When it has finished you should be able to find the file 'C:\OpenDNS_Diagnostic.zip' and email it into support. Feel free to review the contents of the zip file before submitting it, or adding a password to improve security.