You may need to submit logs from your Active Directory Connector when:
- Your AD connector(s) or AD server(s) are in "Error" or "Warning" state, and the Common Messages for Active Directory Components and Virtual Appliances - How to resolve them article is not resolving your issue.
- Support has asked specifically for the AD Connector log(s).
A functional AD Connector is green. Grey, yellow, and red statuses usually reflect a problem.
For each AD Connector which cannot connect to a Domain Controller, or has an error/warning in the Dashboard, you should provide the AD Connector Log so Umbrella support can examine the findings.
To obtain the logs manually, follow the steps below:
- Attach the file C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenDNS\OpenDNS Connector\v1.x.x\OpenDNSAuditClient.log and the latest few .zip log files from C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenDNS\OpenDNS Connector\v1.x.x\ to the support ticket.
- If the files are over 20MB, split them into two responses or contact us for upload details.
If working with a fresh configuration which has never worked,
- Stop the OpenDNS AD Connector service,
- Delete the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenDNS\OpenDNS Connector\v1.x.x\OpenDNSAuditClient.log".
- Start the service up again.
- Wait 5 minutes and reply with this file.
This allows the file to be fresh and only with the most recent startup attempt.