In the Status column under Identities > Networks you see: inactive over the past 24 hours:
This status indicates Umbrella servers have not received any DNS requests from that network during the past 24 hours.
It is normal for the status to be inactive in these scenarios:
- DNS queries are solely passing through the Virtual Appliances, Roaming Clients or Network Devices
- In the Policy Configuration you have chosen: "Don't Log Any Requests"
- The network has been added recently
- The network is not yet configured to use Umbrella servers
- The network has a dynamic IP address which was changed without being updated in the Dashboard
Make sure you are pointing your DNS to Cisco Umbrella. To test, from a device behind the registered IP address, browse to https://welcome.umbrella.com/. If you have successfully set your public DNS to the Umbrella servers, you will see "Welcome to Umbrella!".
If you have added a new network and the status remains inactive after 2 hours, open a ticket with our support team with the diagnostic test results: Diagnostic Tool: Link and Instructions.
Want to learn more?
View our tutorial video here: Network Inactive Troubleshooting