A Block Page Bypass user is a special role that is given to individuals to provide them the ability to bypass pages that are typically blocked by your policy. They won't have the ability to change any policy settings, view any reports, and have limited access to the Web Dashboard.
Please follow the instructions below to create a new Block Page Bypass user.
1. Go to Admin -> Accounts page and click the button to create a new BPB account and ensure to choose the "Block Page Bypass" and fill in the details.
2. Once added, you will be prompted to configure exactly what permissions that BPB user will have. Click "Yes".
3. Configurethe BPB user's permissions under Admin -> Bypass Users. Click "Save" once you have completed the configuration. If you select to bypass a destination list, this list needs to be created before it will be available as an option.
4. You can then add the BPB user to the policy from Policies -> All Policies -> Expand the desired policy -> Click "Edit" under "[Umbrella Default Block Page] Applied".
5. Expand the bypass users by clicking on "BYPASS USERS". You can then choose which bypass users you'd like to associate with the policy and then click "Set and Return".
6. Make sure to click "Save" on the policy to ensure that the new settings are applied.
BPB User's Dashboard View
The BPB user still has the ability to login and view the dashboard, but the only function they will be able to perform is to view their account information and change their name and password.
1. When BPB users login, they will see something similar to this:
2. Once they click on the "View my account settings" link, they will be presented with their account information.
3. They can then click on the "Change" button for either the name and password to make the necessary changes. Click "Save" if any changes are made.
USER does not get the option to bypass a block page:
Confirm that the bypass user profile is being assigned to a policy under Admin -> Bypass User -> "Linked Policies".
Bypassed webpage does not load correctly or there are missing elements:
We also have a list of popular services and the associated domains that are necessary to ensure they function correctly, found here: https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007472907-Block-Page-Bypass-or-Whitelist-Only-mode-Domains-to-Allow.