Deploying the Umbrella Roaming Client with JAMF Casper Suite
This article describes deploying the Cisco Umbrella roaming client software to OS X computers by using JAMF Software's Casper Suite.
Note that these instructions are provided 'as is', and although are valid at the time of this writing, may not work in the future if anything substantial were to change in JAMF Casper Suite.
There are three steps to setting up a deployment: First, download the required components. Next, modify the downloads by updating unique configuration strings for your environment and lastly, create a policy in the JAMF Software Server to push out the install.
- Download and extract the Umbrella roaming client for Mac OS X. To download, navigate to Identities > Roaming Computers and click the (Add) icon.
- Download the script attached to this article (roamingclient.bash, at the bottom of this article).
2. Modify Script
- Open roamingclient.bash and OrgInfo.plist (included in the Roaming Client .zip download) in a text editor.
- Replace the following three strings in roamingclient.bash with the values found in OrgInfo.plist and save the file:
(Replace the ##VALUE## strings)
Example examples are in this screenshot:
3. Deploy with JAMF Software Server (JSS)
Copy the roamingclient.bash script and RoamingClient_MAC_2.X.X.pkg files to your Casper Network Share—the File Share Distribution Point accessible by the target computers.
Create a new policy. Select Computers > Policies > New Policy > Install a package:
- Select the RoamingClient_MAC_1.X.X.pkg file you copied to the CasperShare.
- Select the target group of computers for deployment.
- Select the desired trigger and execution for the policy.
Edit the newly created Policy:
- Add a Script (roamingclient.bash).
- Choose the "Run Before" option.