Introduction and links to set up guides.
The Umbrella roaming client is a very lightweight DNS client that runs on your Windows or macOS computers. It allows Umbrella security and policy-based protection, including the intelligent proxy, to be enforced no matter the network you are connected to. Whether you're at the office, hotel, a coffee shop, or using a mobile hotspot, the Umbrella roaming client will be enforcing policies set by you in the Umbrella dashboard. Version 2.0+ includes the Umbrella IP Layer Enforcement tunnel (Insights or higher packages) which deploys an Umbrella VPN adapter to enforce IP blocks.
A full deployment guide for the Umbrella Roaming Client can be found here at Roaming Client Setup Guide > Introduction.
The Umbrella roaming client also has an optional integration with the Cisco AnyConnect client. This guide can be found at Umbrella Roaming Security > Introduction.
A full deployment guide for the AnyConnect client, including integration with Umbrella, can be found here:
For further information see the following topics:
- Umbrella Roaming Client Mass Deployment: Using Standardized Images
- Encryption and Authentication for the Roaming Client
- Command-line Installation Parameters
- Group Policy Deployment (GPO) in Windows
- Remote Logging and Diagnostics
- Using Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) for the Deployment of the macOS Client
- Mass Deployment for the macOS Client Using JAMF