In order for support to better troubleshoot issues setting up SAML, we need to look at the SAML response that is sent during the initial validation test in Umbrella.
Retrieve a SAML response
In Google Chrome:
- Log into Umbrella.
- Navigate to Settings > Authentication.
- Click SAML in the table to expand it.
- Follow the steps of the Authentication wizard.
- On the Validate tab, click Test Your SAML Configuration.
- Press F12 to Launch Google Chromes Developer Tools.
- Click the Network tab.
- Check Preserve Log.
- Enter your SSO credentials and Login via SAML.
- Look for "SSO" and select it.
- Now scroll through the right side and find the SAML Response.
- Copy the SAML Response.
- Use the following SAML decoder to decode the response:
- Paste the SAML Response into the text field.
- Select POST and click decode.