On Wednesday April 1st, 2015 OpenDNS will release version 1.1.13 of the Active Directory Connector (the Windows Service component). The upgrade will take place gradually, beginning with our early release stage track on April 1 and progressing over the next 7 days. Provided there are no technical issues, the roll-out of the upgrade will conclude on April 8th, 2015
The upgrades for these connectors will take place automatically within your upgrade window set in the Dashboard. You can change your upgrade window on the Sites & Active Directory page (https://dashboard2.opendns.com/#configuration/systemsettings/adconfiguration).
Change Summary (1.1.11 to 1.1.13)
- The Connector will now cache queries about AD User information retrieved during events.
- Added a timeout to AD User information queries.
- Limit AD User information queries to the subset of data needed for event processing.
- Changes to the AD User Exceptions list will now be applied immediately, and no longer require a restart of the connector.
- The connector will more gracefully handle duplicates in the AD User Exceptions list.
- More verbose logging output for events.