On August 20th, 2015 OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Mac version 1.7.21 to customers on the stage release track.
On August 25th, 2015 OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Mac version 1.7.21 to customers on the first wave of the production release track.
On September 9th, 2015 OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Mac version 1.7.21 to customers on the second wave of the production release track. This wave of customers will include upgrades from 1.7.18 to 1.7.21. The release notes below reflect the respective upgrade paths.
On September 14th, 2015 OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Mac version 1.7.21 to all production customers. Some of the customers in this release stage will upgrade from 1.6.17 all the way to version 1.7.21. The release notes below reflect the respective upgrade paths.
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.19 to 1.7.21)
- Minimized system log verbosity and improved logging for dns-updater service
- Improved compatibility with third party VPN services.
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.18 to 1.7.19)
- Added a variation in upload times (a jitter) to the uploading of diagnostic logs from the Roaming Client
- Improved and cleaned up logging
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.17 to 1.7.18)
- If a third party VPN or DHCP solution appends DNS settings, the Roaming Client should remove localhost if it exists
- Resolves an issue with a continuously resetting network interface (NIC flapping)
- Additional clarification logging for state changes
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.14 to 1.7.17)
- Resolved intermittent issues with dnscrypt-proxy
- Additional and improved logging
- New telemetry reporting for blocked VPN-related pop-ups
- Added inconsistent state handling if the configuration file resolv.conf is externally modified
- Potential fix for an issue where the OS will present a flurry of VPN notifications
- Additional blocking of pop-up regarding the inability to find the VPN server
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.6 to 1.7.14)
- Added a command-line based uninstaller
- Logging Changes:
- Reduced the verbosity of system.log
- Specific OpenDNS URLs are no longer exposed in the client logs
- Minor log cleanup and improvement in the way data is described
- The VPN secret material has been updated, as has the certificate upgrade mechanism
- Improved client registration for specific features when connecting to OpenDNS servers
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.6.17 to 1.7.6)
- The Roaming Client now upgrades to the latest version within 15 minutes of persistent connectivity. Previously, the Roaming Client was required to be online for 2 persistent hours before the upgrade initiated.
- This version adds the tracking of state changes and health check successes and failures to the Roaming Client diagnostics. This functionality is disabled by default pending a subsequent release.
- This version contains some foundational changes in preparation for new features that will be released in the future.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES: https://support.opendns.com/entries/69147184-Roaming-Client-for-Mac-version-1-7-14
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES: https://support.opendns.com/entries/95602818-Roaming-Client-for-Mac-version-1-7-19
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES: https://support.opendns.com/entries/69752924-Roaming-Client-for-Mac-version-1-7-18