On September 17th 2015, OpenDNS released the Roaming Client for Windows version 1.7.320 for all customers on the stage track.
On October 13th, 2015, OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Windows version 1.7.320 for the first wave of customers on the production release track.
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.269 to 1.7.320)
This release includes a new feature that allows for the blocking of requests to malicious IP addresses that bypass DNS lookups from the Roaming Client. This feature is covered in more depth here: https://support.opendns.com/entries/58422194 and is an 'opt-in' feature that is not enabled by default.
In addition, the following changes are a part of this release:
- Resolved IP blocking connection-related race conditions
- Reduced the delay for newly registered Roaming Clients before an attempt to connect to the VPN IP blocking tunnel
- Improved handling of network location changes and fixed issue with set network location retries
- Suppressed network location pop-up on first IP blocking connection
- Handled adapter recovery with statically set DNS
- Updated to use a Microsoft FIPS-compliant version of AES
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES AVAILABLE HERE: