On July 23rd 2015, OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Windows version 1.7.268 for all customers on the stage track.
On July 29th 2015 OpenDNS will release the Roaming Client for Windows version 1.7.268 for the first wave of customers on the production release track. Over the subsequent days, additional waves of production customers will receive this release.
The changes in this version are as follows:
CHANGE SUMMARY (1.7.117 to 1.7.268)
- Updated architecture in preparation for new future features releases
- Fixed implementation to conform with Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms
- Minor improvements in the Roaming Client Service's initialization code
- Switched to using Windows RAS API to eliminate Windows network dialog popups
- Updates to improve handling of network loss/reconnect and power state changes
- Fixed timeout issue when establishing a tunnel to OpenDNS from the client, and fixed issue with the tunnel probe not starting
- Introduced a connection watchdog to monitor for hung connection attempts
- Improved the allow list creation for dnscrypt-proxy; the list will no longer accumulate empty lines or contain duplicate entries
Previous version release notes available here: https://support.opendns.com/entries/69126044