As of May 31, 2018, Cisco Umbrella will no longer support virtual appliances (VAs) running versions prior to 2.1.x. Please ensure that you upgrade VAs before May 31, 2018.
VAs running version 2.1.x feature an on-demand support tunnel in lieu of the previous always-on SSH tunnel as well as additional security features. As a result, we require that all customers ensure that their VAs are running version 2.1.x.
To determine the current version of VAs:
- In the Umbrella dashboard, navigate to Settings > Sites and AD.
- Check under the Version column to note the version of the VA. If a VA is out of date, you will see a yellow triangle alert.
For information on how to upgrade your VA, see https://docs.umbrella.com/product/umbrella/appx-a-updates/.
Note: Ensure that you update your VAs sequentially to avoid any outage.
The Umbrella VAs are designed to auto-upgrade whenever a new version is made available.
To ensure that your VAs are always running the latest version, confirm the following:
- Your firewall should allow TCP traffic on port 443 outbound to disthost.umbrella.com
- You have configured at least two VAs per site
- Any unused VAs, Active Directory (AD) connectors and Domain Controllers are removed from your dashboard (Settings > Sites and AD).
Note: VAs running version 1.5.x—or some VAs running 2.0.x in error state—may not be able to upgrade. In this case, redeploy these VAs using the latest VA software—version 2.1.5—from the dashboard.