On Tuesday May 29, 2018, Cisco Umbrella will release the Umbrella roaming client for Windows version 2.1.127 for all customers on the stage release track.
- Improvements to logging
- Addressed minor behavioural issue
- Addressed a bug introduced in 2.1.108 where the internal domain list would only be applied the first time that settings were synchronized with the Umbrella Cloud (during the ERC's lifetime).
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.1.0 to 2.1.108)
- Improved service startup logic to ensure Umbrella roaming client cannot enter a state other than reserved until the first sync has occurred.
- Improved new Umbrella roaming client registration.
- Improved efficiency for IP protection list downloader (v3).
- Removed support for 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 as candidate resolvers as they do not support encrypted mode operation.
- Support for Windows Service Recovery policy option adjustment through the Umbrella dashboard.
- Added support for installing Umbrella roaming client on drives other than C:.
- Additional compatibility improvements with Dell VPN PPP virtual adapters.
- Properly handles "REFUSED" DNS responses by continuing to iterate through the local DNS resolver list.
- dnscrypt-proxy now ensures its UDP responses are RFC compliant. To avoid oversized UDP packets, UDP DNS responses over 512 bytes are now truncated into properly resized packets with the UDP truncation bit set. Responses for dns-updater's DNS probes are not affected.
- Improved compatibility with Fortinet VPN client.
- Improved handling for Trusted Domain—customer trusted network—probes when receiving "NOERROR" and "NXDOMAIN" DNS server responses.
- Reduced DNS probe wait-time per iteration from 10 ms to 2 ms.
- Logging level improvements and changes.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES: Roaming Client for Windows – Version 2.1.112