There may be times during troubleshooting with the Umbrella Chromebook Client (UCC) that diagnostic logs are required to analyse issues further. Since there is no Umbrella Diagnostic Utility for Chromebook OS, this article is an overview of how to provide Support with information to help troubleshoot Umbrella Chromebook Client issues.
Here are the instructions to collect logs for both Umbrella Chromebook Client Extension (UCC Ext) and Umbrella Chromebook Client App (UCC App):
- Open chrome extension page by browsing chrome://extensions/ and ensure "Developer mode" is on at the top right corner.
- Make sure both Cisco Umbrella Chromebook Client Extension and Cisco Umbrella Chromebook Client App are enabled.
- Open the console window by
- Selecting on “background page” on the UCC Ext/App OR
- Selecting on the "Details" button of UCC Ext/App, navigating to “Inspect views” and selecting on “background page”.
- Select the “Console” tab in the above new window.
- Select the "Preserve log" option.
- Make sure all the log levels are selected in “Verbose” drop down.
- Clear console by running "Ctrl + L" before reproducing the issue.
- Enable logging by typing “enableLogging = true” in the console window. (case sensitive)
- Reproduce the issue in the Chrome browser window while keeping the Console window open. It will be helpful if other tabs in chrome are closed so as to collect only the issue logs.
- Right click on the console logs and “Save as” the file in a folder with a proper name including Ext. e.g. UCC_EXT.log
- Disable logging by typing “enableLogging = false” in the console window.