Release Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Updates and changes
- Chromebook’s IP was reporting incorrectly in certain scenarios; this has been fixed.
- Chromebook client performance has been improved throughout.
- Updated prerequisites for utilizing the Umbrella Chromebook client:
- Port 8029 is needed by the Chromebook client App and should not be used by any other software.
- Administrators must have a Google Admin account.
- Administrators must have valid Umbrella licenses.
- Chromebooks must be running Chrome OS v55 or later.
Policy change propagation
When you make a change in an Umbrella policy, it can take up to 5 minutes for the change to propagate to Chromebooks. This is because the Umbrella Chromebook client caches the DNS information for 5 minutes.