Umbrella PSA Integrations with ConnectWise may stop working due to changes in ConnectWise. Possible symptoms include:
- an error message "Failed to save PSA ID" when trying to enter a PSA ID for a new organization in the Umbrella MSP console;
- Umbrella configuration record values not being updated nightly at midnight UTC in ConnectWise;
- alerts about possible botnet activity not being created in ConnectWise by Umbrella.
To resolve this issue, it will be necessary to:
- First, delete all OpenDNS/Umbrella-related configurations from ConnectWise.
- Next, contact Umbrella Support to delete ConnectWise-related configurations from Umbrella.
- Last, in Umbrella configure the PSA integration with ConnectWise as though it were new.
Required first steps to resolve the issue:
- In ConnectWise, for each company/organization that previously had a PSA ID entered for Umbrella, delete the OpenDNS_Umbrella configuration extension. Note that it is possible to search in Companies for OpenDNS_Umbrella, then do a select-all and delete-all.
- In ConnectWise, delete the OpenDNS_Umbrella configuration type. Note that the previous step must be carried out first, as ConnectWise won't let you delete a configuration type if there is a configuration that links to it (extends it). The OpenDNS_Umbrella configuration type can be found in “Setup Tables”.
- In the Umbrella MSP console --> Customer Management page, click the Download icon and save the csv file. Sample file name: msp_customers_93911_2019-08-11_02-03-05-PM.csv
- Contact Umbrella Support at email@example.com, referencing this announcement and forwarding them a copy of the csv file from the previous step.
The following are unaffected by the issue, and can ignore this announcement:
- MSPs that are not integrated with ConnectWise;
- MSPs that integrated with ConnectWise after August 2, 2019;
- MSPs that are not adding new PSA IDs;
- MSPs that are seeing updated configuration values and botnet alerts in ConnectWise.