On Thursday June 20, 2019, Cisco Umbrella will release Umbrella Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.4.12 to the stage track.
Customer VAs may upgrade over a period of days as opposed to consecutively upgrading one after another. To receive this upgrade, ensure that your firewall is configured to enable access to disthost.umbrella.com.
As a reminder, two VAs must be configured in order to upgrade automatically during these windows.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.4.6 to 2.4.12)
- Underlying OS for VA upgraded from 32-bit to 64-bit
- Fix for issue where vmwaretools restarts frequently on VAs with 1 CPU.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.4.3 to 2.4.6)
- Dual-NIC support for DMZ mode (one NIC used for VA communication with Umbrella and the other NIC used for VA communication with on-prem endpoints). This can be enabled via config commands on the VA.
- VA status on console has been corrected to show health as okay if VA can reach Umbrella over ports 443 and 5353. Previously the health would show as okay only if VA could communicate to Umbrella over port 53.
- Fix for issue where console on VA sometimes gets hung.
- New config commands for viewing and clearing the Active Directory user - internal IP mappings on the VA. Use config admap help to view the commands available.
To enable dual-NIC support on the VA for DMZ mode, shut down the VA, add the second network interface and power on the VA. Then use the following commands:
- config va show You can retrieve the name of the 2nd interface through this command.
- config va interface <interface_name> <ip address> <netmask> <gateway>
- config va dmz enable