We are pleased to announce the new reporting platform for Umbrella! The new platform is much faster, includes several new filters, and a completely new Top Categories report and the Category Lens.
See our overall documentation on reporting at Get Started with Reports.
Top Domains, Top Identities, Top Categories
- Improved performance.
- Advanced search capabilities.
- Improved filters and usability.
- Includes selective and full proxy data.
- For the Top Domains report: Quickly identify top domains by requests or traffic for your entire organization or specific identities. Top domains can be further analyzed, filtered, and sorted by the response action (block or allow). For proxy data, you can sort by total requests or total data transferred. All categories for a domain are displayed.
- For the Top Identities report: Quickly identify top identities in your network by request or traffic for your entire organization or specific identities. Top identities can be further analyzed, filtered, and sorted by the response action (block or allow). For proxy data, you can sort by total requests or total data transferred. All identities are displayed.
- For the Top Categories report: DNS, proxy or firewall requests over the selected period can now be filtered, scheduled or exported to a CSV file. All traffic can be filtered by User identities to get a per-user view. You can view requests for a selected category for a given period, and you can see the total requests that were blocked or allowed and the identities that requested the selected category the most.
Read our documentation for Top reports:
- See details on any Umbrella category including the Top Domains visited and the Top Identities using that category.
- Quickly view DNS and proxy traffic. Traffic distribution, domain details, and bandwidth consumed are used for proxy data.
- Within the Top Identities report, quickly see which categories have been requested by and are the most active by identity.
- The activity of a specific identity over time is now searchable and filterable by identity, type or source.
New Platform Caveats
- Scheduled reports and CSV export still use the legacy platform.
- The new platform has data from May 1, 2019, onward. If you regularly access data before May 1, 2019, you may want to defer migrating to the new platform.
- Aggregate counts may be incorrect on the overview. For example, the Total Security Blocks count will not equal the Total Security Blocks by Identity, which is due to some blocks that are double-counted in the legacy system.
The new reporting platform currently powers Activity Search for all Umbrella customers. Customers that migrate will also have the Top Identities, Top Categories, and Top Domains reports powered by the new platform.
We will continue to add reports to the new platform. Any customer on the new platform will get the benefit of these reports as they roll out.