Note: Cisco Umbrella offers limited support for deploying Umbrella Virtual Appliances on the Nutanix AHV hypervisor. Any Nutanix-specific issues are out of scope for support. All other issues will be resolved on a best-effort basis.
Two virtual appliances (VAs) are required per Umbrella site. It is critical that these VAs are not cloned or copied in any way. Each VA must be set up and configured manually.
1. Navigate to Deployments > Configuration > Sites and Active Directory and click Download Components.
2. Click Download VA for Hyper-V.
3. Upon extracting the downloaded the file, you'll find two folders, Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines.
4. Create two images VAForwarder and VADynamic by uploading the forwarder-va.vhd and dynamic.vhd respectively.
5. Create a new VM with at least 1 VCPU (1 core), 1 GB RAM and 1 NIC. Add a new disk using the VAForwarder image. Remove the CD-ROM. Add another new disk using the VADynamic image.
Note: The disk order matters. The VAForwarder should be Disk 0, the VADynamic should be Disk 1.
You can now power on the VA and configure it using either the console or by initiating an SSH connection to the VA.