Note: Virtual Appliance 2.7 release to the stage track is being halted due to some issues and a new release 2.7.1 is being made available (this is the same as version 2.6.2). The release schedule of version 2.7 will be updated on this page.
On Monday, December 2, 2019, Cisco Umbrella will release Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.7 to the stage track.
On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, Cisco Umbrella will release Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.7.1 (same as previous version 2.6.2) to the stage track and production tracks. Only Virtual Appliances running version 2.7.0 will upgrade to version 2.7.1.
On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, Cisco Umbrella will release Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.7.2 to the stage track.
Customer VAs may upgrade over a period of days as opposed to consecutively upgrading one after another. To receive this upgrade, ensure that your firewall is configured to enable access to disthost.umbrella.com.
As a reminder, two VAs must be configured in order to upgrade automatically during these windows.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.7 to 2.7.2)
- Addresses issues where internal domain resolution was failing for some customers.
CHANGE SUMMARY (2.6.2 to 2.7)
- Support for configuring custom NTP servers on each Virtual Appliance
- Support for receiving AD user-IP mappings from the Umbrella AD Connector and GSuite user-IP mappings from Umbrella Chromebook clients over HTTPS (This requires the AD Connector to be running version 1.5.1 or above and the Umbrella Chromebook Client to be running version 1.3.3 or above)
- Support for rate limiting DNS traffic on a per-IP basis
- Support for configuring multiple routers as BGP peers for the Anycast configuration on the VA
- Support for BGP peering over multiple hops for the Anycast configuration on the VA
- Support for using the Umbrella US-only resolvers instead of the global Umbrella resolvers
- Addresses issue where VA console cannot be accessed due to low screen resolution on some systems that are upgrading directly from versions prior to 2.4.
- Addresses issue where swap space on the VA was getting fully utilized in some situations
- Addresses issue where the console on the VA was getting hung occasionally
- Support for receiving incoming DNS from an Infoblox appliance running NIOS 8.3 or higher and forwarding it to Umbrella
- Fixes some issues around SNMPv3 configuration