A Block Page Bypass (BPB) user is a special role that provides users with the ability to bypass Umbrella block pages due to content filtering or destination list settings.
Block Page Bypass users can log into the Umbrella dashboard but they do not have the ability to change any policy settings or view any reports.
Creating the user account
Please follow the instructions below to create a new Block Page Bypass user.
1. Navigate to the Admin menu from the Umbrella dashboard, select the accounts sub-menu and click the button.
2. Enter the email address of the Block Page Bypass user that you would like to create, select the Block Page Bypass option from the User Role menu and click "Send Invitation".
3. You should now see a notification that the invitation has been sent. At this point you should notify the recipient user that they should have received an email and ask them to follow the instructions to activate their account.
A) They will receive an email like the one below.
B) The link will redirect to the form in the screenshot below.
C) Your bypass user can test their credentials by logging in to the Umbrella dashboard using the appropriate email address used in Step 2.
D) The user will be presented with the screen below if the login was successful.
Configuring BPB user permissions
Now we will configure the BPB users permissions found under the Bypass Users sub-menu.
1. Select the button, create a description for the user and select the appropriate Bypass User from the drop down menu.
Please note you have the option to select either:
Configure your desired settings and click save.
2. You can then add the BPB user to the policy from Policies -> All Policies -> Expand the desired policy -> Click "Edit" under "[Umbrella Default Block Page] Applied".
3. Expand the bypass users by clicking on "BYPASS USERS". You can then choose which bypass users you'd like to associate with the policy and then click "Set and Return".
4. Make sure to click "Save" on the policy to ensure that the new settings are applied.
BPB User's Dashboard View
The BPB user still has the ability to login and view the dashboard, but the only function they will be able to perform is to view their account information and change their name and password.
1. When BPB users login, they will see something similar to this:
2. Once they click on the "View my account settings" link, they will be presented with their account information.
3. The user can then make any changes that are required, remember to save your changes by clicking save in the bottom right corner of the screen.
USER does not get the option to bypass a block page:
Confirm that the bypass user profile is being assigned to a policy under Admin -> Bypass User -> "Linked Policies".
Bypassed webpage does not load correctly or there are missing elements:
We also have a list of popular services and the associated domains that are necessary to ensure they function correctly, found here: Block Page Bypass or Allow-Only mode: Domains to Allow.