Starting in February 2020, all Umbrella MSP and MSSP customers wanting to create a PSA Integration with ConnectWise will have to use a public and private key (rather than a username and password, as previously used).
Creating the Keys
To create those keys, please do the following in ConnectWise:
- Click System -> Security Roles -> “+” icon to create a New Role.
- Enter a Role ID name such as “Umbrella”.
- Click the Save icon.
- Configure the following Security Modules for the newly added Role:
- Companies -> Company Maintenance: Inquire Level: All.
- Companies -> Configurations: Add Level: All; Edit Level: All; Inquire Level: All.
- Service Desk -> Service Tickets: Add Level: All; Edit Level: All; Inquire Level: All.
- System -> Table Setup -> click “customize” and set “Allow Access to these” to just Company/Configuration, then click Save.
- System -> Table Setup -> Add Level: All; Edit Level: All; Inquire Level: All.
- Click the Save And Close icon.
- Click System -> Members -> API Members -> “+” icon to create a new item.
- Set Role ID to the newly created Role (named "Umbrella" in step 2 above). Fill in the other values as desired, then click the Save icon.
- Click API Keys -> “+” icon to create a new item.
- Enter a Description, then click the Save icon.
- Copy down the API Public Key and Private Key values for use in the Umbrella MSP or MSSP console. Note: The private key is only available at the time the key is created. Please make a note of it.
If you have an existing PSA integration with ConnectWise, enter the API key values in the Umbrella MSP (or MSSP) console --> MSP (or MSSP) Settings --> PSA Integration Details --> Enabled [beneath Credentials] --> fill in the "Public API Key" and "Private API Key" values --> Save.