In some cases, you may receive the error 'This Site can't be reached' when attempting to download the PAC file from your Umbrella Dashboard's Web policy (Under Deployments > Management > Web Policies).
- You cannot download the PAC file off-network. To download the file, you must be connected to a network that's registered in the Umbrella Dashboard (Deployments > Networks). The HTTPS egress IP must match the registered network for the PAC file. Check the Egress IP here: p1.opendns.com/get_my_ip.
If this is a newly registered network, it may take 1-2 hours for the network to become active and for the PAC file to be available.
- The DNS settings in your operating system, hardware firewall or router must point to Umbrella's name server IP addresses 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. If you are using any other DNS service, the download will fail. You can test if you are pointing to Umbrella here: https://welcome.umbrella.com.
- The PAC file is hosted in Umbrella's Infrastructure. When utilizing Umbrella's Secure Web Gateway, please allow the following IP ranges in your Firewall: Secure web gateway IP list
Raising a Support Case
If you are raising a Support case with firstname.lastname@example.org please provide:
- A screenshot of any errors shown in the Web browser.
- The results of the Umbrella diagnostic tool: https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/234692027-Umbrella-Diagnostic-Tool.