On Monday, March 2, 2020, Cisco Umbrella will release the Umbrella roaming client for macOS version 2.2.43 for all customers on the stage track.
Change summary (2.2.2 to 2.2.43):
- Roaming client is now notarized by Apple.
- Roaming client now requires minimum macOS version of 10.11.
- Resolved a rare bug where CNAMEs were unnecessarily truncated during message compression within a DNS response record in dnscrypt-proxy.
- Minor logging changes.
- Resolved an issue where the menu process may not launch after upgrade.
- Added Enterprise Connect support for machines that use Enterprise Connect for AD integration as opposed to direct system AD binding.
- Added support for deployment using "Managed Preferences" by use of a plist file placed in the managed preferences directory. We also support the ability to re-register the client into a new organization when the managed preferences plist is replaced.
Note: This is not the same as "migration" as the device history in the original organization is retained.
- Improved beacon logging during service startup, prior to syncing.
- Umbrella menu bar tray process renamed to UmbrellaMenu.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES