On Monday, March 3, 2020, Cisco Umbrella released the Umbrella roaming client for macOS version 2.2.43 for all customers on the stage track.
As of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Umbrella roaming client for macOS version 2.2.45 was released for all customers on the first wave of the release track or lower.
As of Wednesday, April 15, 2020, the Umbrella roaming client for macOS version 2.2.48 was released for all customers on the third wave of the release track or lower.
On Friday, April 17, 2020, Cisco Umbrella released a priority Umbrella roaming client update for macOS version 2.2.48. The Umbrella roaming client version 2.2.50 was released for all customers on the third wave of the release track or lower.
Change summary (2.1.40 to 2.2.2):
- Removed dependency on a third party Reachability class and replaced with Apple's SCNetworkReachability programming interface to improve network state fidelity.
- Added support for DNS64 detection, including status reporting in the menu bar.
Change summary (2.2.2 to 2.2.43):
- Roaming client is now notarized by Apple.
- Roaming client now requires minimum macOS version of 10.11.
- Resolved a rare bug where CNAMEs were unnecessarily truncated during message compression within a DNS response record in dnscrypt-proxy.
- Minor logging changes.
- Resolved an issue where the menu process may not launch after upgrade.
- Added Enterprise Connect support for machines that use Enterprise Connect for AD integration as opposed to direct system AD binding.
- Added support for deployment using "Managed Preferences" by use of a plist file placed in the managed preferences directory. We also support the ability to re-register the client into a new organization when the managed preferences plist is replaced. Note: This is not the same as "migration" as the device history in the original organization is retained.
- Improved beacon logging during service startup, prior to syncing.
- Umbrella menu bar tray process renamed to UmbrellaMenu.
Change summary (2.2.43 to 2.2.45):
- Improved compatibility with Checkpoint VPN when the Umbrella roaming client is running.
Change summary (2.2.45 to 2.2.48):
- Fixed a bug that did not allow the application menu to show on macOS machines 10.13 and below
Change summary (2.2.48 to 2.2.50):
- Resolved a bug introduced in 2.2.48 where in certain situations local resolvers would get removed and local DNS resolution would no longer be possible.
To upgrade machines early for validation, download the new version here.
To upgrade, run the installer as a user with sufficient privileges.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES