Cisco AnyConnect 4.9 MR1 will be released between August 10, 2020 and August 17, 2020, for all customers across all production release tracks who have the AnyConnect Cloud auto-update feature enabled in settings. This upgrade will skip version 4.9.0086.
This update automatically updates AnyConnect, including the VPN module and any installed plugins. Updates will not happen when the VPN is active.
The auto-update feature is deployed for all AnyConnect-capable organizations, but by default is set to off.
To check if your organization's account has the auto-update feature enabled:
- Log into your Umbrella dashboard and view roaming computers.
- Navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers.
- On the Roaming Computers page, click Settings and check whether Automatically update AnyConnect, including VPN module, whenever new versions are released is selected.
- Fixed stability issue with SWG client
- DNS resolution hangs globally after sending multiple TCP DNS requests with large response
- Umbrella sync and state change delay on macOS
- Umbrella DNS protection disabled after enabling dynamic IPv6 config on NIC (with IPv6 DNS server)
- Cloud upgrade fails from 4.9.0086 (FCS ) to 4.9 MR1
- Customers that have manually installed or upgraded to 4.9.00086 may experience issues if they are using cloud upgrade to update to 4.9 MR1.
For complete details, see the complete AnyConnect release notes.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES