If you are using macOS Big Sur, you may experience some compatibility issues with Umbrella:
- The standalone Umbrella Roaming Client already supports Big Sur, both on existing CPUs and the new Apple silicon. The Umbrella roaming client does not utilize kernel extensions, so their removal in Big Sur does not affect the client.
- Umbrella Roaming Module for AnyConnect requires an upgrade to AnyConnect 4.9.02028 or later. Click here for instructions on how to update to the latest version of the AnyConnect module: Umbrella Roaming Security Client Administrator Guide
- AnyConnect 4.9.02028 is a macOS-only release that also functions on macOS 11 (Big Sur) beta 5 (or public beta 2) or newer versions. For new installations on macOS 11 (Big Sur), AnyConnect uses a system extension, as opposed to the kernel extension used in previous AnyConnect versions.
- Prior AnyConnect versions may still work on macOS 11, but only on MDM-managed devices, since an MDM-based approval of the AnyConnect kernel extension is required starting with macOS 11.
- When macOS Big Sur is officially released, AnyConnect will add official support for that operating system. Customers are welcome to test now and should always test with the latest Big Sur beta builds.
- You can send any Big Sur compatibility issues to email@example.com. Prior to the Big Sur OS release, you cannot open support cases for compatibility issues.