Cisco AnyConnect 4.9 MR2 will be released between September 14, 2020, and September 21, 2020, for all customers across all production release tracks who have the AnyConnect Cloud auto-update feature enabled in settings. Customers not using cloud upgrade can deploy at any time.
Note: There is no Windows release for 4.9 MR2.
This update automatically updates AnyConnect, including the VPN module and any installed plugins. Updates will not happen when the VPN is active.
The auto-update feature is deployed for all AnyConnect-capable organizations, but by default is set to off.
To check if your organization's account has the auto-update feature enabled:
- Log into your Umbrella dashboard and view roaming computers.
- Navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers.
- On the Roaming Computers page, click Settings and check whether Automatically update AnyConnect, including VPN module, whenever new versions are released is selected.
- Adds support for NetworkExtension for compatibility with macOS Big Sur
- Logging improvements
- Resolved an issue where the client gets stuck in a reserved state when UDP 53 and UDP 443 are both blocked
For complete details, see Release Notes for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Release 4.9.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES