Cisco AnyConnect 4.9 MR3 will be released between November 2, 2020 and November 5, 2020, for all customers across all production release tracks who have the AnyConnect Cloud auto-update feature enabled in settings.
This update automatically updates AnyConnect, including the VPN module and any installed plugins. Updates will not happen when the VPN is active.
The auto-update feature is deployed for all AnyConnect-capable organizations, but by default is set to off.
To enable the auto-update feature for your organization's account:
- Log into Umbrella and navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers.
- Click Settings and then select the AnyConnect Roaming Client tab.
- Enable Auto Update.
Change Summary for Umbrella module
- Add support for SWG Trusted Network Detection on Umbrella Secure Web Gateway (SWG) Module, based on the AnyConnect client profile's Trusted Domain and Trusted Servers (limited availability feature)
- Allow SWG proxy to intercept HTTP and HTTPS traffic coming from non-standard ports, besides the standard 80 and 443 ports (limited availability feature)
- Add support to handle multiple requests (for example, 100 or more) sent to SWG proxy URL.
- Add check on macOS to ensure that trusted network IP response is a LAN IP
- Improved reporting of protection state on macOS in some situations
- Add support for User Principle Name and sAMAccountName as alternatives to the Active Directory GUID for AD integration (requires Active Directory integration upgrades, contact support for more information)
- Fixed an issue with IPv4 DNS while IPv6 SLAAC is enabled
- Fixed an issue when port 443 is blocked
For details, see the AnyConnect release notes for 4.9.03.
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES