Cisco AnyConnect 4.9 MR5 will be released between January 6, 2021 to January 13, 2021 for all customers across all production release tracks who have the AnyConnect Cloud auto-update feature enabled in settings.
This update automatically updates AnyConnect, including the VPN module and any installed plugins. Updates will not happen when the VPN is active.
The auto-update feature is deployed for all AnyConnect-capable organizations. It is disabled by default. You can enable or disable it at any time. For example, you can enable auto-update just long enough to update all of your devices and then disable it again.
To enable the auto-update feature for your organization's account:
- Log into Umbrella and navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers.
- Click Settings and then select the AnyConnect Roaming Client tab.
- Enable Auto Update.
Change Summary for Umbrella Module
- Fixed an issue causing trusted network detection state to flap on and off
- Fixed an issue with local logging
- In some cases, the User Name field in the Advanced window for Roaming Security will appear blank, even though the User identity was detected and is being used for enforcement and reporting. There is no loss of functionality.
For all AnyConnect changes in this release, see AnyConnect 4.9 release notes.