On Wednesday, January 27, Cisco Umbrella will release version 2.2.580 to release candidate.
On Wednesday, February 3, Cisco Umbrella will release version 2.2.580 to our first wave of production release.
On Tuesday, February 9, Cisco Umbrella will release version 2.2.580 our second and third waves of production release.
On Tuesday, February 23, Cisco Umbrella will release version 2.2.580 to all users.
When will I receive the release?
Check the Umbrella Dashboard notifications - your date will be listed in the notification pane.
Change Summary (2.2.526 to 2.2.580)
2.2.580 is the final release of the 2.2.x code lineage and brings improvements to several areas of the client.
- Improvements to the to the IP layer enforcement feature to improve CPU performance when using the IP Layer Enforcement feature
- Improved shut-down performance
- Re-optimization of IP Layer Enforcement filters to reduce system overhead at boot
- Improved compatibility with with Windows 10 images running in Azure
- Improved compatibility with Hyper-V when IP layer enforcement is in effect
- Resolved an issue that caused the client to fail registration after re-install
To upgrade machines early for validation once the release is available, download the new version here.
To upgrade, run the installer as a user with sufficient privileges.
Previous Release Notes