Categorization data for Cisco Umbrella and many other Cisco products is handled by Cisco Talos. The Cisco Talos Intelligence Group is one of the largest commercial threat intelligence teams in the world.
If you believe a domain, URL, IP, or file hash categorization reported in Cisco Umbrella to be incorrect, please submit a ticket to the Cisco Talos team to have this categorization reviewed for adjustment.
Submitting A Request (Activity Search)
Customers can now submit a request related to Security or Content Categories via the Umbrella Dashboard. For more details head over to Dispute a content categorization in the Umbrella Documentation.
Navigate to Reports > Core Reports > Activity Search and find the relevant request (DNS or Web). Click the action menu and choose View Full Details. Click Dispute Categorization.
When raising a dispute you will be prompted to select either "Security" or "Content" categorization. It is important to select the correct type (based on the category you wish to change) to route the ticket to the appropriate team.
To view the status of this ticket you can also use the 'My Tickets' portal on talosintelligence.com. See Managing Submissions below.
Submitting A Request (Talos Reputation Center)
It is also possible to submit a request directly to Cisco Talos Reputation Support Center. Depending on the type of category being requested for review, please submit the dispute to the respective queue
- Security categories = Submit a Web & Email Reputation Support Adjustment
- Content Category = Submit a Web Categorization Request
- File Inspection hashes = Submit a File Reputation ticket option
3. Enter the domain, URL, IP, or file hash entries (up to 50) and click Get Category Data to view its current categorization.
4. Select the suggested categorization tag you wish to see for the entry and enter the comment details regarding the suggested request. To ensure it gets applied to the right platform, please select "Umbrella" from the platform list or click on the "bulk select platform" to change all entries to "Umbrella".
5. After filling in desired entries and fields, hit submit and you will be redirected to a submission confirmation message on the "my tickets" dashboard.
You can view the progress and resolution of cases submitted to the Talos team through "My Tickets".
Selecting a ticket number will open further details on the case like status, resolution, and comments from the Talos team.