Effective June 1 2021 Cisco Umbrella will upgrade its support of the Autotask API to version 1.6. Any Umbrella MSPs or MSSPs that have a PSA integration using Autotask will be required to have a tracking identifier.
- In Autotask go into Admin —> Resources (Users).
- Click to Edit the Umbrella API user.
- Verify that the Security Level for the user is set to “API User (system)”.
- Verify that the API Tracking Identifier is set to “Integration Vendor”.
- Verify that the Integration Vendor is set to “Cisco Umbrella - Security”.
- If any changes were made, click “Generate Secret” for a new password.
- Enter the new password in the Umbrella MSP (or MSSP) console —> MSP (or MSSP) Settings —> PSA Integration Details.
If you encounter any problems with this change, or have any questions or concerns about this, please contact email@example.com.
Update: this change was postponed; it was put into effect on July 7 2021.