On Wednesday, May 25, 2021 Cisco Umbrella will release version 3.0 to release candidate.
Between Tuesday June 1 and Thursday June 3, 2021 Cisco Umbrella will release version 3.0 to Limited Availability (first wave of production).
Between Tuesday June 14 and Thursday June 16, 2021 Cisco Umbrella will release version 3.0 to Limited Availability (second and third wave of production). [Updated]
Between Tuesday June 22 and Thursday June 24, 2021 Cisco Umbrella will release version 3.0 to General Availability. [Updated]
When will I receive the release?
Check the Umbrella Dashboard notifications - your date will be listed in the notification pane once a date is set.
As of June 7, version 3.0.17 will replace 3.0.1 as the rollout version of 3.0.
Change Summary (3.0.1 to 3.0.17)
- Resolved issues resolving internal domains
- Resolved issue where NXDOMAIN public responses did not correctly re-try locally for clients deployed without NO_NXDOMAIN option
- Resolved issue where internal domains list failed to update client-side after modifying the list on the dashboard
Change Summary (2.2.580 to 3.0.1)
New Features and Enhancements
- Improved Active Directory user support to address issue where AD user is not successfully found despite displaying as found in the UI.
- Redesigned DNS Encryption proxy. The process name will change from dnscrypt-proxy.exe to dnscryptproxy.exe. For more information, see Umbrella version 3.0 processes.
- Resolved issue resolving local domains for internal domains lists with several subdomains of the same domain
- Improved response times on recovery from local DNS timeouts
- Improved shutdown performance speed
- AD user name not always displayed correctly in GUI
- Improved internal domains bypass (issue introduced in 2.3.69)
- Fixed uninstall issue which required uninstaller to be run twice
- Resolved an issue that caused internal domains exclusions to be case sensitive
- Resolved roaming client service crash
- Diagnostic tool update
To upgrade machines early for validation once the release is available, download the new version here. Downloads may require opening in an incognito window. If you receive a 5XX error, open in an incognito window.
To upgrade, run the installer as a user with sufficient privileges.