Cisco Umbrella is preparing to release the Umbrella Roaming Client for MacOS version 3.0.5 to release candidate on January 25, 2022.
Rollout to waves one and two is scheduled for February 1-2 2022
Rollout to wave three is scheduled for February 8-10 2022
Full rollout is scheduled for the week of February 22 2022
Change Summary (2.3.4 to 3.0.5)
- Added ability for client to enter protected mode with only access to Umbrella DNS
- Sync (api.opendns.com, sync.hydra.opendns.com) no longer required for protection at first sync every boot
- Sync prerequisites still required to update dashboard state.
- Added Quick Start mode
- Enabled by default when Secure Web Gateway is enabled
- Support for cloud-pushed "Do not back off behind VA" functionality
- Resolve issue where IP Layer Enforcement tunnel remained post uninstall
- Updated core DNS Encryption proxy. File names for analysis services that allow dnscrypt-proxy must allow dnscryptproxy as well in this release
- Various bug fixes
Updates will automatically be delivered in waves. If you require control over your exact date of upgrade initialization, let us know! We are working to deliver optional controls over your upgrades.
To upgrade machines early for validation, download the new version 3.0.5 here . This link will become available once the release is completed and function until the next release candidate release.
To upgrade, run the installer as a user with sufficient privileges after placing the attached file in /Library/Application Support/OpenDNS Roaming Client/.
Previous Release Notes