On Tuesday, February 1st, Cisco Umbrella is preparing release of Windows version 3.0.250 to beta and release candidate users.
Release to first and second waves is planned for February 7-9.
Further releases are paused at this time due to a discovered issue resolving internal domains in some scenarios.
Change Summary (3.0.110-3.0.250)
Using Cisco AnyConnect VPN? See our comparison article for planning your migration to the Umbrella roaming module for AnyConnect. AnyConnect VPNs are only fully supported on our AnyConnect Umbrella module.
- Support for multiple trusted network domain backoff domains
- Support for settings cache. Client is able to start up with last known protected sync configuration.
- After registration, minimum protection network requirements are Umbrella DNS. Dashboard status will only reflect clients with access to Umbrella sync services.
- Support for fast-start option mode. Protection can apply before VA or trusted network checks to apply protection faster.
- DNS64 detected when IPv6 not enabled
- UI Enhancements
- Resolved issue causing high CPU with logging
- Various bugfixes
- Compatibility issue with F5 VPN from 3.0.110.
- Does not resolve all compatibility issues - some F5 users may need to migrate to our Umbrella Roaming Security Module for AnyConnect (included in your license)
- Windows VPN compatibility issue. Users may migrate to our AnyConnect roaming security module to continue without impact. Version 3.0.110 also affected.
- In rare circumstances, 127.0.0.1 may be orphaned on the NIC in the event of a hard stop of the dns encryption proxy process
- Org to Org migrations are disabled at this time
- User interface may fail to start after initial upgrade from a lower version. Umbrella security coverage is not affected. Interface will return on next client start.
Updates will automatically be delivered in waves. If you require control over your exact date of upgrade initialization, let us know! We are working to deliver optional controls over your upgrades.
To upgrade machines early for validation once the release is available, download the new version here.
To upgrade, run the installer as a user with sufficient privileges.