Cisco Secure Client (formerly AnyConnect) Release Versions
Cisco releases major and minor releases on a regular basis. Between these releases, Cisco releases maintenance releases (MR) versions. For example, a release of 4.10 is followed by several MRs.
The build number of the release directly translates to the MR in the following synxtax:
- Releases are in the format of Major.Minor.Build
- Major determines the major version
- Minor determines the minor release
- Build is the build number (5 digits, leading 0 often dropped)
- The MR number is the leading digit of the build number, beginning in the 4th from the last digit
- 4095 is MR4
- 04095 is MR4
- 03049 is MR3
- 00342 is an initial release
- 342 is an initial release
- Some MRs may have several patch releases with a new release build
- e.g. 4.10.05095 and 4.10.05111 are both MR5 releases.
With this syntax, any build number can easily be translated to and from a MR release version.