Cisco is proud to release Cisco Secure Client (formerly AnyConnect) version 5.0.03072 and 5.0.03076
5.0.03076 is the latest release for Windows x86
5.0.03072 is the latest release for Windows ARM64, and macOS
Umbrella will not publish auto updates for Cisco Secure Client to the Umbrella dashboard. The 4.10 (AnyConnect) branded releases continue to support auto update. At the end of life release of 4.10, Umbrella auto update will release a one time update to the current Cisco Secure Client.
Updates for Windows are available in Cisco Secure Client, using Insights -> Cisco Secure Client on the SecureX portal. These updates are silently applied and version selection is available - with granular selection by profile! See Umbrella's Help.
There are two ways to access the Cisco Secure Client:
The Cisco software portal
- Deploy with full packages for head end and pre-deploy methods
- Optional Cloud Connector (Connector is required for all cloud features)
- Deploys the same way as "AnyConnect" branded releases
SecureX Device Insights (Windows Only)
- Cloud features enabled by default
- Cloud management of profiles
- Easy cloud updates
- Simplified the process to capture debug level logging for SWG
- Improved reliability of DNS protection on some dual-stack IPv6 networks
- Fixed an issue where DNS security module would periodically lose protection or connectivity.
- Fixed an issue where DNS caching would cause some domains to fail to load after SWG module started, especially those with a long TTL or when queried over encrypted DNS (CSCwd84695)
- Improved captive portal detection in SWG module on slow network connections, such as in-flight Wi-Fi (CSCwe86049)
- Added captive portal detection logic in SWG module when captive portal returns non-success HTTP status code (CSCwe86049)
- Fixed an occasional delay in SWG module detecting captive portal (CSCwf17017)
- Fixed an issue where SWG module would occasionally not go into protected state (CSCwf22189)
- macOS: Fixed an issue causing slow web browsing in SWG module (CSCwe70156)
These release notes are for the Umbrella Module only. Refer to the Secure Client release notes for a list of changes affecting other modules.